About Me

My photo
I am 16. I am a person. I have a pulse AND I breathe. I am 4'10". I love music I have ever changing hair colour (as you may be able to tell) I have blue eyes. I frame those eyes with black glasses, and sometime purple ones. I enjoy singing. I am in love. I am a poet of the written and spoken word as well as the image. I have no compassion for mankind as a whole, but I have compassion for people as individuals. I hate all forms of discrimination. I am just another person that cares for nothing, yet cares for everything. I am all that and nothing less.

Thursday 31 March 2011

Racism: What's With It Anyway?

Recently I have noticed a large increase in racism at my school.
I have found it in one of my classes today:
A girl says to one of the guys " you look Asian today". The boy somehow seems to take offence to this, as though looking of Asian decent is considered to be an insult.
I simply do not understand this: Here we are, in Australia, a multi-cultural society, and teachers do not even pick up on blatant racism.
This saddens me ever so much. I do not know why we as the human race take such to mocking our own selves for fear of difference.
I would like to hear you, the readers, thoughts on the subject.
"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.'"
Your Doom.

1 comment:

  1. I hate racism. A while ago on the bus, I heard some boys on the bus talking about how a certain place was good because of the lack of people of Asian descent. I wanted to turn around and shout at them. How can people be like this? This is Australia - one of the most multicultural places in the WORLD. This is the 21st century - though they seem to be stuck in the middle ages.
    It is sickening. Thank you for this post.
    x

    ReplyDelete